Cranial-Sacral Therapy CEU Classes
CST Class Descriptions:
CST1 – Cranial-Sacral Therapy -Hands-On Introduction & Essential Tools –6 hours
Cranial-Sacral Therapy is a gentle therapeutic technique that can be used successfully on a wide variety of clients, including many who ordinarily would be contraindicated for massage. This course will assist licensed massage therapists in understanding the What, Why, When, Where, Who, and How of Cranial-Sacral Therapy (CST):
* What is CST? How is it different from other modalities? Why would an LMT use CST in their practice?
* What specific conditions respond well to CST – either by itself or with other modalities, and what conditions would be contraindicated?
* How do you perform some of the essential techniques of CST? Students will see demonstrations of these techniques and have ample opportunity to practice them under direct supervision.
This class will give you the basic tools you need to work on clients with many different conditions, such as tension headaches and migraines, back pain, fibromyalgia and dozens of other conditions where they need lighter work than regular massage – such as kids (or adults) with ADD or ADHD, clients with autoimmune diseases, elderly clients, clients that want to stay clothed for whatever reason, cancer patients, and many others. This modality is a very subtle technique that enables you to work lighter, without stressing your own body.
The CST1 class is best when taken with CST2 (Advanced Tools) and CST3 (Complete Multi-Step Protocol). Back to top
CST2 – Cranial-Sacral Therapy – Advanced Tools & Techniques – 6 hours
Prerequisite: CST1 similar class approved by the instructor.
The purpose of this class is to understand and use the essential and advanced Cranial-Sacral Therapy (CST) tools to enhance one’s therapeutic practice and meet the clients’ unique needs. The class includes the following:
* How to facilitate deep relaxation and reorganization of the Cranial-Sacral system.
* Instruction, Demonstration and Hands-on practice for several advanced CST techniques specifically affecting the cranial bones, underlying tissue structures, and the flow of the cerebro-spinal fluid.
* How to use CST for special populations – such as infants and children, fibromyalgia, hospice, clients that cannot tolerate traditional massage manipulation, and those with mental or emotional difficulties – as part of an overall therapeutic program in conjunction with complimentary conventional and alternative therapies.
The CST2 class is best when taken with CST1 (Essential Tools) and CST3 (Complete Multi-Step Protocol).
CST3 – Cranial-Sacral Therapy –Complete Multi-Step Protocol – 6 hours
Prerequisite: CST1 and CST2 or other prior CST training approved by the instructor.
* The primary learning objective of this course is for licensed massage therapists with previous CST training to learn and perform a fluid, multi-step protocol within a self-contained CST session.
* You will learn and practice CST techniques that are best for specific conditions and different types of clients.
* Also, you will learn and perform modifications of the complete CST protocol to address specific client needs.
Students will see demonstrations of these techniques, practice them extensively on other participants under direct supervision from the instructor, and receive CST work from fellow students.
The CST3 class is best when taken with CST1 (Essential Tools) and CST2 (Advanced Tools).